BANANA CAROB PROTEIN BARS
1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
1 cup oat flour
1/3 cup protein powder (I used vanilla brown rice protein powder)
1 T chia seeds (optional)
1 t cinnamon
pinch of sea salt
2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
3 egg whites
1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
2 T smooth natural peanut butter (or almond butter)
1/2 T honey
5 drops of liquid stevia (or 1 T more of honey)
1 t vanilla
1/4 cup carob chips (or chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a bowl combine all dry ingredients: oats, oat flour, protein powder, chia seeds, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a large bowl combine all wet ingredients: bananas, egg whites, almond milk, peanut butter, honey, liquid stevia, and vanilla.
- Slowly pour and stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until everything is well mixed, then gently stir in the carob chips.
- Pour the batter into a greased 8 x 5 in. or 8 x 8 in. baking dish.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes; remove from oven and cool for 15-20 minutes.**
- Cut into 8 squares and enjoy.